Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Arraigo social/arraigo laboral?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Ronan08, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Ronan08

Ronan08 New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi everyone!

I'm a Filipino National living here in Madrid. I entered Spain through Schengen Visa. Now it was already expired. I'm almost 10months here now staying illegally. Now I have an employer who wants to hire me and help me so that my stay here to be legalized. Now can I apply now for an arraigo? How long I'm going to wait for that arraigo?

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hi,

I assume your question relates to Spain and I moved your topic there (better than immigration to the UK forum;-) ).
    In theory you should be applying for your visa when you are NOT in the country. Especially as you current visa is no longer valid.

If you are already in Spain you may apply to the provincial office of the Ministry of Labour (Delegación Provincial del Ministerio de Trabajo). Your employer should be able to guide you through the process or submit documentation on your behalf.

You will need to complete a proper visa application at the Spanish consulate’s office in your country of origin, you may need a letter from the Immigration Office in Spain (Oficina de Extranjero/Oficina d’Estrangers). The provincial labour offices (Direcciones Provinciales de Trabajo, Seguridad Social y Asuntos Sociales) will decide whether the work permit will be issued or not.

You must present the following documents when applying for a work permit:
    - Valid passport or travel document, valid for a minimum of 4 months
    - Three passport-size photographs
    - Copy of the employment contract, stamped by the Foreigners’ Office
    - Criminal record certificate issued by your national police authority covering the previous 5 years and indicating you have not committed any criminal offences under Spanish law
    - Certificate of health confirming you are not suffering from any diseases that could endanger public health

Decision will be made in between 1 – 3 months.

Again, the company should guide you throughout all the process.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...