Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Applying for Family Permit within the UK

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by SAMAN, Apr 30, 2006.

1. SAMAN

SAMAN New Member

Hi to Everyone

I am on a 1-year masters (ends by December 31 2006) student visa in the UK and entered to country by september 2005 . So far I have been living with my Dutch fiance in the UK who started an undergraduate course at the same time with me.However just two days ago we got married in Holland and now it is time to apply for family permit but i have worries whether our application will be successful.If you can answer the questions below , I will be so pleased and appreciate it

1. All official websites and cases in this forum refer to the situation that non-EEA spouse applies for family permit from his\her own country .But since I do have a student visa longer than 6 months can I apply within UK immediately ?

2. I am doing a masters degree and I believe my job prospects are quite good but no employer approached to offer a contract so until the time I have got a family permit it is so difficult for me to find a good paying jobs ( apart from part-tme and 12k jobs) and my girlfriend is a student so no sufficient income she can earn . Regarding this situation should we choose `self-sufficieny` and provide a letter of declaration from our families ( who both lives outside UK ) that guarantees to support us until one of us finds a job ?

4 My girlfriend do not have a residence permit but she is a student in a 3 years programme I think it is easy to obtaine one however can we apply at the same time for her residence permit and my family permit or she first should apply for her document and then I will apply for family permit

3 My visa expires by 31 December 2006 . I will be applying for family permit immediately so I am so concerned what if the decision process is delayed so as to pass visa deadline if u have any opinion I will be happy

So the main points of concern are these ; In advance I thank u for your time . I really need big help on this issue

Cheers

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    The only thing you can apply within UK is residence with forms EEA1 and EEA2 for you and your wife.You can do that because you are fortunate that your visa allows you ;)
    There is no such a thing lik e family permit once you are in the country.

3. SAMAN

SAMAN New Member

Hi

First thank you so for answer but i need a bit more clarification.Now you say because my visa is longer than 6 months and student visa i am allowed to apply for EEA 2 form and as such once granted i can stay in the UK without leaving it so i would be pleased to know how long it takes and whether application requires the same self-sufficient supporting documents Thank u in any way

4. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
  5. commincator

commincator New Member

City:
    New York
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    This is real solution described below according to my information.
    The only thing you can apply within UK is residence with forms EEA1 and EEA2 for you and your wife.
    Thanks to be here.

6. afrag

afrag New Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    There are a lot of complex laws, but it can help by advisers
    For UK visa applications and UK Immigration, UK Visas can help.