Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Applying for EEA family permit: Documents check

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by goodlad, May 2, 2012.

1. goodlad

goodlad New Member

City:
    Kolkata
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    Bengali, English
    Hi everybody,
    I have started filling up EEA family permit online application form. I am from non EU country (Kolkata, India) and married to European national (Poland) who is currently based in London, UK. Still it shows expected date to return from UK which is weird as I have answered I want to be there for long term with my wife. We are living together from 2009 till may 2011 in Edinburgh (where we both use to study). Then I moved back to Kolkata and she moved to London. she visited me in Dec 2011 and again in March2012 with family for the wedding. I am providing a list of documents which we have and planning to submit along with the application form.

EU National's documents :
    1. A letter from her stating that she is practicing EEA treaty rights, self employed and she'll financially support me till I get employed.
    2. Copy of her passport endorsed by Polish embassy in London.
    3. The invoices from work in London from Sept 2011 till date. Her work contracts from all the places she is attached with and visiting cards.
    4. Tenancy agreement from the landlord. NOC from landlord and other resident stating that I am moving in on particular date and they are happy with it.
    5. Her bank statements from Oct 2011 till date.
    6. HM revenue and customs letters stating that she is self employed and paying taxes properly since 2008, i.e., contributing to NI (national Insurance).

Our common documents- Proofs that we are together from 2009 :
    7. Marriage certificate stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, India.
    8. Wedding invitation cards used for Kolkata reception and the other wedding reception card that will be used for Polish reception.
    9. My P45 from, pay sleep, phone bills and her bank statements, work contracts from 2009-10 showing that we are living in the same address. Reference from landlord and our flatmates in Edinburgh and photos of our rooms and kitchen.
    10. Three of our air tickets to Poland and Italy on holidays.
    11. Tickets from Edinburgh-London and London-Kolkataon Jan11 showing we traveled together and her return ticket on May11.
    11. All facebook messages we have exchanged.
    12. Few emails showing how we are eager to be back together.
    13. Mail written on my last birthday by her from London.
    14. 34 pages of skype conversations print out showing that we were calling each other every week from June 11 to Mar 12 when we were apart.
    15. air tickets on Dec11 and March12, scan of her visa pages showing her visit to India.
    16. Some train tickets during our travel together in India.
    17. 33 photos showing our wedding, both families together in Kolkata and various time line in our relationship. Like holidays, camping, clubbing, our rooms in Edinburgh, my visit to Poland, holi in India, trip with may parents, trip with my parents in law and more.

Non EU national's documents :
    18. A covering letter describing our relationship, marriage and proofs we are providing.
    19. My bank statements.

Please let me know how is my documents and what I can add more to strengthen my case. any advice will be appreciated.

We declared that she is my sponsor and she has substantial savings in her account. I don't have much in my bank account (£100 max).We have described in cover letter that I am qualified (hold post graduate from Uni of Edinburgh) person and will search for a job in UK and she'll support me financially till I'll get employed. Is that ok??

Thanks in advance.

2. goodlad

goodlad New Member

City:
    Kolkata
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    Bengali, English
    Does this 'just views no comments' mean it is ok?? or the other way??