Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN APPEAL: Leave to Remain base on compassionate grounds

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by gbetos, Jul 21, 2007.

1. gbetos

gbetos New Member

City:
    LONDON
    l am 36 years from africa, I entered uk with a six month visa, went back to africa and came back with another six month visa, and ever since l have stayed for three years, but due to family problems l overstayed,( both parents are british) based on my problems my parents requested that l should stay so we went to see a man who claimed to be immigration laywer.ask me to bring every pay slip and anything in my name. l did that and he applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain base on compassionate grounds under Earned Regularisation Scheme.but my application was turn down because the scheme as not been enacted so a removal letter and theright of appeal was giving to me under one-stop warning ,
    what are my chances if l appeal

thanks

2. thirtyfive

thirtyfive Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English
    My friend I do not think anyone knows or has experienced the One-Stop Warning Reasons because so many people have read your post. I have one myself, I do not know how this is done, all I was told by the help line at HO is to write all the reasons in a cover letter and send it back to the case worker I do not know if this is correct but this is what I was told to do, so if you really want to appeal why dont you because I read several places on the net that this is an opportunity given to you if you really want to stay so state your reasons my friend, take advantage of this opportunity as everyone's case is dealt with differently, give it a go and wait to see what happens.