Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Anyone familiar with CK and Partners Law Office Sp. z o.o

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by nebratu, Jul 9, 2009.

1. nebratu

nebratu Active Member

City:
    Los Angeles
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    They seem to be the ones who charsky was using for our families case, anyone have any experience with them?

2. Iperry

Iperry Member

Re: anyone familiar with CK and Partners Law Office Sp. z o.

If you want to work with "charsky" ask him.her to help you:)

I am joking:)I am Jewish. I had case with Charsky...

He died. this guy was his clerk or something like that . He or she sent emails to charsky client that can help. When I ask him how she/he answer that he is not able becouse he/she does not have document.

it looks like joke... i suggest to think twice... charsky cheated a lot of people maybe also this guy and he is trying to receive his money? i do not know I do not trust any person connected with charsky.

check on internet what people say about charsky and his stuff

BR

3. Rubik120

Rubik120 New Member

City:
    Haifa
    Living In:
    Israel
    Nationality:
    Israeli (IL)
    Languages:
    Hebrew, English
    I also had my case in charksy's and they finished my case and my childern's cases very fine without any problems.
    After all this chaos i was really afraid, but they menaged so could confirm their quality.

4. mschol

mschol New Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    Polski, Angielski, Francuski
    I'm American of Polish roots and now live in Poland for some time. I am currently working to get Polish citizenship. I decided to contact with CK Law Office and ask them for help. Mr. Michal W. incorrectly advised me on several key points and subsequently dropped my case.
    I believe CK law to be simple clerks who took over a book of business from a deceased attorney(true story). Cannot recommend since I was ill advised and found him to be less interested in helping rather than advising me to promote his services on this blog.

5. sbronsztejn

sbronsztejn Member

City:
    New York
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Russian, Polish, French
    None of the CK and Partners attorneys, listed on their website, have their names in the Poland Bar Association register. If you want to find an attorney in Poland, go to

http://rejestradwokatow.pl/

I tried it, you can too, just play with a little bit. Over 6700 attorneys listed there, all over Poland. You can probably also contact Poland Bar Association for complaints against any of the attorneys. I tried, have not yet received a reply.

There are many ways to search: by name, specialization, location, etc.
    None of the names from CK and Partners are listed in the register.

I think if the name is not in the register, be very careful, most likely a scam.

6. phdthomas

phdthomas New Member

City:
    Sao Paulo
    Living In:
    Brazil
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    English, German, Español, Português
    The fantastic team of CK partners with smart efficiency allow me got the polish citizenship in 02/07/2012; for me, they are the best of the world!!!

7. dvcohen

dvcohen New Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English; Hebrew; Dutch
    @sbronsztejn

Under the link you've provided you can find one of the CK & Partners' lawyers, Piotr Cybula in the "Aplikanci" section. I work with them at the moment and they're still on my case but it's looking positive. Will let you know how it went when it's completed.

8. dvcohen

dvcohen New Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English; Hebrew; Dutch
    I received my documents a few days ago! CK were very efficient and I'd recommend them, especially on complicated cases like mine. So pleased to have my my citizenship now.

9. phdthomas

phdthomas New Member

City:
    Sao Paulo
    Living In:
    Brazil
    Nationality:
    Brazilian (BR)
    Languages:
    English, German, Español, Português
    I got my documents, and I am just aplying for the polish passports!

10. warszawianka

warszawianka New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English Polish
    I am dealing with them now. I think there's a huge translation issue and just to give the bare bones of my case I was seeking confirmation based that my dad was not US national yet the year I was born, he got it 2 years after. So I emailed this and a bunch of other stuff to the firm.

They dropped my case because they went out of the country on business, then all of a sudden after a week or something, they write back. And after I told them the situation of my parents both not having documents for different reasons (pow for my dad; labor camp for my mom), I told him I wanted to get confirmed and what do I have to do. so they asked me for my dad's address -- well, the street was leveled, the numbers and name changed, etc.

Ok no problem now I am doing my own internet reserach, finding docs on my dad's side. they write back to me and now they want all the info on my mother's side including her first marriage (not to my dad). She was born after her dad ran off, her family was from some little place in wegrow and I don't really know much about them in general. Instead, why don't they base it on my dad's citizenship that can be easily confirmed? All you have to do is charge me to get metryka of his and it's right probably down the street from their office. So this I don't get.

They are asking me for papers -- give me all your papers in polish -- Ok, um, excuse me, I am in America and if I had them, I wouldn't need you now would I? I have 2 marriage certificates written in Russian, one for each of my dad's parents. I have a list of relatives as long as my arm on his side and some of their metryki as well. I got my mom's parents marriage record. I have her and my dad's date of naturalization. Sheesh -- like hello, can the firm tell me if I am qualified? (I know I am but it's like they are stalling.) I just about sent them a long letter in broken Polish to drive the point that "hey, I told you the history; I am seeking a firm to work for me on getting the documentation together". I frankly don't think they "get it". If that is the case, I'd rather give a genealogist and certified translator the money to get the crap together and then hire a courier in Poland to deliver them to the whatever bureau that confirms narodowosci. It's like no amount of brain damage is enough for them. I had to laugh when the asked me what was the street address. Hello you are in Poland. Can you get a census record and school record like I gave you all the nanodetails for it?

Anyone working with them, what's the hourly rate? For all the writing I did to them and nothing penetrating anyone's head over there, I am thinking this is their way to sit back and have me do the work then bill me. I am leery of that firm. I thought my case was easy based on the info I gave them. Now I see here that people get stuff in very short time from them. Did you have all the papers or did they have to be found, like metryki from burned up and demolished churches (from war time)?

11. guppyman

guppyman New Member

Living In:
    Lao
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English, Chinese, Spanish
    I would like to reply to your post since I have recently gone through the citizenship process using their offices. Mine was a rather difficult case because of several paperwork issues. To tell you the truth, I initially retained them because of positive comments on some other forums. The principle at the firm, Michal Wisniewski, told me up front that I had about a 50-50 chance of getting a positive result. Like you, he sent me a laundry list of documents that I would need from the various agencies regarding my father, grandfather and anyone else he could think of. During this process, I had no problems with communications, as I found his English to be quite good. Going through the maze of places where I had to go to get all of the necessary documents took about 8 months. In fact, he was waiting for me by that time since he had already procured the needed documents from the Polish authorities. Once I had my documents in hand, I sent them to him and he began to do what he needed to do. I also had concerns since it was taking so long, but he always answered my questions, no matter how silly they might have been. I first received a negative response from the authorities, but he went back to them and did get the decision reversed. In all, it took 366 days to receive my documents from his office necessary to obtain my Polish passport. He charged me a fixed fee for his work and even with the additional work done to reverse the negative decision, he did not ask for any additional fees. I just think that he did his job very well for me. All of the questions and documents that he is asking for is really for your benefit. He can't do his work without knowing your entire situation. By the way, if you need any help in getting these documents, let me know. Having been through it myself I think I know the best way to get them.

12. pelg0403

pelg0403 New Member

City:
    Petach Tikva
    Living In:
    Israel
    Nationality:
    Israeli (IL)
    Languages:
    English
    I work with 'CK and Partners Law office' in a super complicate case of mine.
    At start no proper documents were available, but they conduct this unsolved case successfully.
    Michal Wisniewski is the best Lawyer/Partner/Friend to work with.
    All Michal's skilled; comments, demands and recommendations, were; precise, accurate, needed, exact, and in quick response.
    I thank Michal and her stuff for theirs extreme efforts to finish my case positively.

13. cafeamericain

cafeamericain New Member

Living In:
    Austria
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    German, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Ital
    I contacted CK and Partners and received a favorable decision, albeit after about 1.5 years. This was certainly not the fault of the excellent attorneys, especially Michal, but rather of the Polish bureaucracy. Yes, they demanded more and more paperwork and it was not easy to get, but Michal even filed an appeal on my behalf and finally reached a positive decision. I can only give them the highest of recommendations and they fully satisfied my expectations and I never would have been able to receive my Polish passport without them. This firm is not only an excellent value for the money considering the work they have to put in, but also a highly competent and I if I do say so myself, honest organization. They never tried to get more money than originally agreed on, and were there to support me every step of the way.

An A++ rating in all respects,

Sincerely,

J.S.

14. mgbarbero

mgbarbero New Member

Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    Argentine (AR)
    Languages:
    Spanish, English
    Hi guys:
    I´m Mariano from Argentina and I´m polish.
    I got the services of CK and Partners Law Office and in a few months I got my polish citizenship. This guys are very professional and they know what are they doing.
    To start the procedure, I sent them scans of the documents I had from my family and they gave me all the answers, information and guidelines I needed, after that we arranged to start the service. All the time they shared with me the status of the procedure by email, again, I found this office very professional, proactive and serious. I really recommend them in South America.
    If any of you want to write me for ask me more details feel free to do so.
    Regards.
    Mariano

15. Lukeriges

Lukeriges New Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English
    All I can say is that I had nothing but great service and excellent professionals during all my time when dealing with CK. specially Michal was always prompt to all my enquiries and fast reply not only to my process but with all updates from the authorities in Warsaw. In less than 3 months I got my polish citizenship and once I got it I've applied for my two kids ( all American citizens) and we all have both nationalities now. In process to have CK proceed with my Mother citizenship as well.
    I'm very happy to finally be able to say that I'm a polish citizen!
    In process to learning the language and plans to soon visit my motherland.
    All thanks to the experts of CK law office.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

16. MattD2762

MattD2762 New Member

City:
    West Hollywood
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Just got my confirmation and birth certificate! The team at CK is great! I explored every other method and CK is not only the most affordable but the most reliable. They put up with my constant worries and put me at ease. Seriously, don't waste your time with any other company or try doing it yourself. I wasted 3 years before deciding to go with Michael and his team and they got it done quickly and easy. Leave it to the professionals.They are the best and I am buying them all dinner when I go to Warsaw.

17. mordejai

mordejai New Member

City:
    mexico df
    Living In:
    Mexico
    Nationality:
    Mexican (MX)
    Languages:
    Espanol, English
    I can share with everybody my excellent experience working with CK and Partners Law.

I hired their services, as me and my family wanted to obtain Polish Citizenship. My expectations of obtaining a positive answer were low as my case was extremely complicated because my ancestors in Poland had different last names than the actual last names we have in our official documents in Mexico.

To my surprise, Michal one of the partners in CK and Partners Law Office, took care of the case since the beginning until the end.

Even tough it took almost a year (something that if there had not being problem with the official names would have taken maybe one month), I was in touch with Michal constantly, some times even once a week (via Skype), and I receive always prompt answers.

Today I can recommend him and his office as the best option in Poland, regarding any process related to polish citizenship.

18. Aestheticare

Aestheticare New Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English, Polish
    My sons & I recently obtained Polish citizenship with the help of CK Law in Warsaw
    http://www.cklawoffice.eu/about-CK-and-Partners.html
    I highly recommend Michal Wisniewski & Piotr Cybula. They were a pleasure to deal with, very professional. Fees were discussed at the outset and they did not waver from their quotes.
    Dealing with government bureaucracy requires patience, but you can rest assured that CK Law is trustworthy, ethical and will be honest about whether the job can realistically get done.

19. ericjackson5

ericjackson5 New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    I am in-process with them, and my grandmother is now worried that they are trying to scam us because they are asking for original documents. I know that they are not, but can anyone located in the US contact me by email please? I am looking for ways to prove to her that this is not a scam.

20. gjene

gjene Well-Known Member

City:
    London, Ontario
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English
    While I do not know where in the States you live, but there is a way to keep your grandmother happy and satisfy the agency you are dealing with. What is the nearest embassy or consulate to where you live? The reason I ask, they may be able to make and authenticate copies of the originals for you for a price. If not, ask for their opinion of who to deal with when it comes to notary public that they deal with. This way, you still keep the originals in your possession and the agency gets what they want. The bonus to this is the fact that if the postal system accidentally destroys the copies, then it is not a big loss since you would still have the originals that can copies can be made from again. I heard of a story of how the U.S. Postal system accidentally destroyed the originals that someone had sent to someone in the States in order to have a family tree done. Depending on age and where the originals come from, sometimes it is hard to get replacements of the documents since some duplicate documentation may have been destroyed because of war.