Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Another question of permanent residency in UK

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by juka, Apr 5, 2011.

1. juka

juka Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,
    I worked in UK from 03/2005 to 08/2010, I was registered under WRS all this time,I dont work from August 2010 since I have to take care of my toddler, and because of him I was let go, I dont claim any social security benefits, except a little bit of housing benefit, my husband who is not from EU works full time and earns about 20k, so he basically supports us all, and I dont have that medical insurance, so my question would be - could I apply for permanent residency if I dont work at the moment but worked 5 years before, or unless I have all the papers such as comprehensive health insurance I can only apply after only 5 years again?
    thanks

2. juka

juka Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Languages:
    English
    I think my question would be is it enough that I have already lived in UK for 5 years and it doesn't matter when I apply for confirmation of permanent residency since as far as I know EU citizen aquires this status automaticaly after 5 years of lawful residence?