Forum Munich

Forum of expats in Munich: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Altenheim in Muenchen

Discussion in 'Munich' started by gjene, Apr 24, 2012.

1. gjene

gjene Well-Known Member

City:
    London, Ontario
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English
    I am wondering if someone can provide me the email for an altenheim on 90 Taurenstrasse in Muenchen? Are they still there after 30 yrs or have they relocated to more modern facilities? If they are still there, would be they willing to help me to locate relatives of an individual that lived in there? So far I have had no luck in using the internet to track down those that are related to her. Danke.
    I could send an actual letter by post, but not knowing if the altenheim is still located at the same address after all these years and without knowing who to write to in the office to ask for inormation will be pointless.

Gerhard Jene

2. gjene

gjene Well-Known Member

City:
    London, Ontario
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English
    Thanks all. Someone was kind enough to provide me the correct address and contact information for the Altenheim that I was asking for. After contacting them, they advised me that they were not able to provide the information I was requesting. But they provided a couple of other addresses for me to contact in order to find the information I was after.

But here is another question that I would like to pose. The local newspaper I know of where I live have their back issues up to a few years ago are on microfiche. Is the main newspaper in Munich done the same way? If so where would I go to look up the back issues?