Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Advise needes to apply for EEA family permit

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by madu, Nov 8, 2007.

1. madu

madu Member

hello everyone.

im non-EEA citizen,my fiancee is a EEA national.i will apply for a EEA family permit (new form vaf5).i have a difficulties and im confused about some questions.for that realty i need help.

first of it is part 6:

-how long do you plan to stay in the uk? (i will join my wife in the uk for live together)
    what i should answer?

-second: 6.2 your relation:

6.2.3 when did you first meet the EEA national?
    -where did you first meet?

(it was in September 2005 by via internet and and she visited me first time on 31 may 2006).

my question: do i need answer about first meet in September 2005 by internet or when she visited me on 31 may 2006).

-6.2.5 when did your relation begin?

MM/YY.

-how often do you meet?

-when did you last see the EEA national?

(she will be with me when i will apply)

-have you kept in touch since?

-have you lived with the EEA national in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership at any time( including since a weeding or civil partnership ceremony)?
    ( my fiancee was visited me 5 times between may 2006 and august 2007,She lived with me during the holidays like a couple)what i should answer.

6.10.26 do you intend to work in the uk?

(now im student in university, and i don't have offer job in uk).

many thanks to everyone could help me.

2. thsths

thsths Addicted member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    Hi

I think I can help you with the form, also I think your chances are slim. See below for the reasons.

This is only to determine whether it is a short visit or not. You can say "several years" or "indefinitely".

I love those explanations for the form. But what they mean is "physically met", so it would be 2006.

Just put in the current date.

This is going to be a problem. According to the law, the right of free movement only extends to family members. Now the UK recognises the state of "living together" (de facto marriages), but I don't think you fulfil the requirements. Although there is no hard rule, it is assumed that you have been living together for 2 years. As far as I can see, you have only been together for 1 1/2 years (which in itself would not necessarily be a problem), and you have only seen each other during holidays. This is not considered sufficient.

Yes, this is a catch 22 situation. If you are from a non-visa country, you can try to spend as much time together as the visa rules allow, and you will eventually qualify. If you are from a visa-country, things are more difficult, and you will have a very hard getting the EEA FP. A fiance visa may be easier, but then you are (obviously) expected to get married.

3. madu

madu Member

really i apreciate your quick reply.

but i have mor questions.but first i want inform you that we have evidence for our dailly contact by internet (conversation msn) and a fotos together with friends and family.bills phone .saving bank acount.

and my fiancee working full time and she makes over time dailly and week-end.we have a letter from council that her accomodation it's comfortable for a couple.i think all thes conditions will help us for get a visa.

what im confusing about it is:
    how often do you meet?
    (what does mean).

Have you kept in touch since??
    -
    i was refuse 2 times visitor visa.for that i don't want make a mistake in my application.
    im non-EEA.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELP .
    thank you so much for help and i hope tha