Miss Karmen PEART
Lot 186 Vista del Mar Draxhall, Mammee bay St. Ann - Jamaica
Sector: Tourism, Hotel, Guides
Job search (short statement...):
I am equipped with a wealth of exposure and experience in the hotel and hospitality industry in various management capacities for over twenty years particularly Sandals and Marrioft resorts
To continue my mission in a Management capacity that allows me to effectively utilize my years of experience in the Hotel and Hospitality Industry, level of expertise and creativity to enhance the product.
Over ten years’ experience in a few management capacities, mainly in Operations of the Hotel Industry consisting of;
• Director of Resort Development and Projects Services
• Front of House Management, (Front Office, Guest Relations, Reservations, Concierge, Night Auditors, Tour Desk, Bell Desk, Butler Service and Duty Manager)
• Trainer/Director – Customer Relations & Director of Recreational Activities
• VP of Marketing & Sales Melrose Farm & Adventure Ridge Estate
• Group Events & Entertainment Manager Grand Bahia Principe Resort since March 01, 2015 - 2018
• Prior – Resort and Development Manager - Mystic Ridge Resort - Ocho Rios, St. Ann, May 08,2012 – January 2015
• A more hands on approach in overseeing all aspects of the Property Management in accordance with the company’s mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development.
• Responsible for the hiring, training and discipline of all hotel staff. Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistently
• Prepares financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
• Leading a team of department Supervisors in all areas of people management, including recruitment, training and development, performance management, appraisal and discipline.
• Ensuring excellent guest service through internal measurement and external i.e. Trip Advisor.
• Budgeting, cost controls and optimizing revenue and sales opportunities.
• Ensuring all systems are maintained and managed effectively
•Preparation and Opening of four Sandals Resorts
Masters Pathway Degree Hotel Management – Gull University for Life Long Learning
• Bachelors Pathway Degree Hotel Management – Gull University for Life Long Learning
• Diploma in Business Administration-(Jamaica School of Business)
• Certified Platinum Wine Specialist – Be ringer Wine 101
• Certified Sandals Guest Relations & Customer Service Specialist
• Certified Fitness Instructor – Aerobic & Fitness Association of America
Certified in Japanese Language & Arts
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENTS & RECOGNITIONS
• Preparation and Opening of four Sandals Resorts (Sandals Negril -1988, Sandals Dunn’s River -1992, Sandals Whitehouse European Village & Spa – 2005, Sandals Emerald Bay- Great Exuma Bahamas -2009)
• Six times recipient of the Manager of the Year” award – Sandals Resorts International
• Department of the year, Supervisor of the year and Employee of the year Awards - Sandals Dunn’s River – 1998
• Since 1988 I have successfully trained and developed projects for Radio/Television Presenters & Miss Jamaica contestants in Stage personality and deportment, Microphone usage, Entertainment/Fitness, Front Office, Guest Relations and Sales aspect of the industry a few Sandals Resorts International executives and other internationally acclaimed organizations.
• Head Judge Northern Ms. Universe World 2014
• Head judge of the Mini Miss Jamaica Pageant – 2002 & 2010
• Third Place Recipient of Miss Jamaica Bikini Competition – 1992
• Coordinator of Motown Record Company - U.S.A. Grand Wedding and show
• Coordinator of the shooting of Television popular show ‘The Wedding of a Life
• Time’ Show with Jack and Lindsay Wagner - Sandals Dunn’s River –1995
• Coordinator of world renowned entertainer “Jon Secada” Show at Sandals Dunn’s River – 1998
• Sponsor of the Winner and second Runner up of the Miss Jamaica World Surrey -2002
• Hobbies – Observing and interacting with people from different ethnic background, consistently pave the pathway for others, so that they can make a positive impact in the lives of others through motivation growth, development and Traveling.
CV attached: CV_7212
Attachment might contain virus. Easy Expat is not responsible for the content of the file.