Departure to Miami

Preparing for your move to Miami

Home > Expat Guides > North America > Usa > Miami

Preparing to go abroad includes securing important documents, making copies, and a lot of planning. Consider:

  • A valid passport (before applying for a visa double check the expiration date of your passport)
  • Tourists visiting for less than 90 days don't need a visa
  • Students, au pairs, and interns need a J1 or F1 visa
  • Employees need an H1 or L1 visa
  • If you're travelling on business you will need a tready trader E1 or E2 visa
  • Apply for your visa at the American Embassy
  • You will be interviewed to determine if you qualify
  • Your visa will be added in your passeport with the category and expiration date

Update 13/06/2008


Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Usa and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about preparing for your move to Miami, departure.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

Stay connected

- My Life Abroad -
A selection of expat stories

"A fun compulsive read!"
J. Matcham, Amazon

"I strongly advise people ready to live abroad to read this book!"
Patrice, Amazon