Public Services in Los Angeles

Emergency services in Los Angeles

Home > Expat Guides > North America > Usa > Los Angeles

In an emergency, you should call 911 for the fastest response. You will be attended to by a dispatcher who will take your call and dispatch the proper authorities whether it be the police, fire department, animal control, or any other government agency.

To request non-emergency city services within the city limits, dial 311 or call 866-4-LA-CITY within the greater Los Angeles area or (213) 473-3231 from outside the greater Los Angeles area.

To be prepared for any emergency, the City of Los Angeles provides a brochure on how to prepare your family for emergencies. Call (213) 978-2222 for information from the Emergency Preparedness Department.

Update 26/03/2008

Related articles:


Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Usa and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about emergency services in Los Angeles, public services.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).