If you are a member of the European Union:
- You don't have any particular custom forms to complete when you move to Spain,
- In any other country, you must give to the custom office:
- A detailed inventory with date and signature, of all your furniture.
- All document justifying the move (passport, work contract…)
Other documents required: Residence Permit or Application:
- Proof of residence outside Spain- Proof of having ceased residence at origin Residence/Work immigration permits (not required of returning Nationals)- Work documents, supplied by Destination Agent- Packing list detailing all contents and values
A bank guarantee of 65% of value of goods may be required if the residence permit is not issued or in order when the shipment arrives.
Used vehicles (minimum 6 months ownership and use) may enter under temporary duty free status with annual renewals. Subject to taxes and will require some modifications. Documents required are invoice, title, and registration.
Requires health/vaccination certificate, dated less than 12 months for dogs and cats older than 3 months.
Therefore, when you arrive in Spain your belongings will pass through customs. You will get tax 16% (IVA) on the total value of the goods (it may be based on how much you insured the goods for). If one of you is a Spanish citizen, you can avoid that tax in doing everything regarding the move on the behalf of that person (and that person should also do the baja de residencia in the originating country).