Accommodation in Seoul

Buy house or flat in Seoul

Home > Expat Guides > Asia > South Korea > Seoul

Estate agents are called “Budongsan Junggaesa” in Korean and can be found all over Seoul. Their role is primarily to mediate between property owners and the purchaser.

Some agents specialise in working with foreign clients, others have little or no experience in this area. Clearly buying a house can be a complex business and getting all the answers and clarifications you may need may be hard if dealing with the latter.

As you would expect estate agents work on a commission basis. The commission is paid by both the buyer and the seller and is normally equivalent to about 1% of the purchase price of the property. The lease is generally signed between the property owner and the buyer, a process which is overseen by the estate agent.

To avoid misunderstandings caused by language or other make sure everything is down in writing. Don’t take anything for granted: always ask until you get a satisfactory response to your questions!

Update 17/05/2010


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers
International Movers in Seoul
Compare up to 5 quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Expatriate health insurance
Expatriate health insurance in South Korea
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Hotels in South Korea
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about buy house or flat in Seoul, accommodation.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).