Departure to Johannesburg

Preparing for your move to Johannesburg

Home > Expat Guides > Africa > South Africa > Johannesburg

When you decide to live abroad, you usually need to inform your tax office of your change of address.

If you keep an address in your previous country you can still pay your owed tax at term. However, if you move furniture, you may be required to show evidence of tax paid. It is strongly recommended that you contact your local tax office for details.

The following section is intended for reference only. We strongly recommend that you contact the embassy directly for the most up to date information.

Update 27/11/2008


Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to South Africa and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about preparing for your move to Johannesburg, departure.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

Stay connected

- My Life Abroad -
A selection of expat stories

"A fun compulsive read!"
J. Matcham, Amazon

"I strongly advise people ready to live abroad to read this book!"
Patrice, Amazon