Mumbai is a shopping paradise. Whether you're looking for luxury buys or budget deals, you'll find it all in this shopping haven. If you're shopping at small shops or bazaars, remember to bargain. At the modern shops, prices aren't negotiable but you'll be treated to a range of designer goods.
The commercial areas in Mumbai are:
- Crawford market: Just north of Chatrapathi Shivaji Terminus is the British-built food market selling fruit, vegetables, meat and dried fish
- Fashion street: This is a great place to find discounted Western clothing
- Colaba Causeway: Upmarket area crammed with jewelry, carpet, clothes stores and shopping malls
- World Trade Centre: Has emporiums from almost all states in India. This is a great option to pick up quality souvenirs in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Bandra: Packed with trendy boutiques with the latest fashion and accessories
Super and Hypermarkets
There are a number of supermakets in India but the retail environment is not as advanced as in most parts of Europe. Hence, most big retail outlets like Carrefour etc are not present. In its place, a number of smaller supermarkets abound in various parts of the city. Some of the more popular supermarkets in the city are below.
For a complete listing of all supermarkets in Mumbai, please click here
- R Mall
- Inorbit Shopping Mall
- Hypercity Mall
- Atria Mall
- Crossroads Mall
- City Mall
- Phoenix Mall
Find out more at: