Easy Expat - International Relocation Portal: Move, Work, Live Abroad




Medicines, Hospitals

European Card for Sickness Insurance

In case of medical care need when abroad in Europe, it allows European members to get refund for their medical expenses, according to the legal arrangement in the visited country.
It replaces the E111 form and other European forms (E110, E119, E128) used for short term visits in European countries. It is an individual card with your name, and each family member should have one (including children under 16). It is valid 1 year and free.
The card is not given automatically: you will need to ask your social security centre a few weeks before the departure.

Flash your insurance card at the pharmacy when you must buy medicines. You will only have to pay a part according to the type of medicine.


Return to previous page.

Copyright dotExpat Ltd © 2019. All rights reserved.