Sports lovers rejoice! Toronto has a professional team in almost every professional sport, providing opportunities throughout the entire year to catch a game live.
Sports teams in Toronto:
- Hockey: Toronto Maple Leafs – National Hockey League
- Baseball: Toronto Blue Jays – Major League Baseball
- Basketball: Toronto Raptors – National Basketball Association
- Soccer/Football: Toronto FC – Major League Soccer
- Canadian Football: Toronto Argonauts – Canadian Football League
- Lacrosse: Toronto Rock – National Lacrosse League
Stadiums in Toronto:
- BMO Field – Home Toronto's soccer (football) team, Toronto FC and the Canadian football team, the Argonauts
- Rogers Centre – Home to the Blue Jays
- Scotiabank Area (former Air Canada Arena) – Home to the Maples Leafs (hockey) and The Toronto Raptors (basketball), and the Toronto Rock (lacrosse). Many large concerts are also hosted at this arena
Sporting Events in Toronto
Beyond the normal sporting events hosted by Toronto's home teams, Toronto hosts a couple big sporting events each year including:
- Honda Indy Toronto – featuring an 11-turn temporary street course, the Honda Indy is hosted right in downtown Toronto. Catch this Indy series annually in Toronto
- Rogers Cup – a prestigious tennis tournament that hosts the world's best tennis players – male and female – in a Canada's largest tennis tournament
Gyms in Toronto
There is no shortage of gyms in Toronto. Gyms offer varying classes, personal training, and workout equipment, so be sure to do your research to make sure to find the right fit before signing a contract.
If you're looking to find the right place to keep up on your fitness, you should be able to find a convenient location near your workplace or home. Prices will vary depending on the facilities. Average price per month in 2017 was $75. Of course, you can shop around for discount gyms to reduce, or more luxurious gyms if you're willing to pay the extra fees.
Some of the most popular gyms in Toronto include: