At Work in Tokyo

Social Security in Tokyo

Home > Expat Guides > Asia > Japan > Tokyo

It is the responsibility of all employers to make sure their employees are enrolled in the Employment Insurance system.

You will be eligible to participate in the scheme as long as your visa status carries no restrictions on your professional activities in Japan.

If you find yourself out of work and have previously been employed full-time for a minimum of six months in the same company (or twelve months if you were working part-time) you are entitled to unemployment insurance benefit.

For more information contact your local Hello Work or Public Employment Security Office.

Update 13/05/2011


Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Japan and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about social security in Tokyo, at work.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).