At Work in Sydney

Social Security in Sydney

Home > Expat Guides > Oceania > Australia > Sydney

When you arrive in Australia, one of the first things you need to do it to register with the tax office and get a 'Tax File Number' (TFN). This will allow the government to work how what tax rate you will be subjected to when you are planning to work.

It is also used when you open a bank account and claim tax rebates. It is a very important number.

Update 13/05/2011


Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers

When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Australia and anywhere overseas.

Filling in the form at the bottom will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

Go to the Forum to talk more about social security in Sydney, at work.

Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).